Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Red face Hey there fellow dog lovers, Layla here :)

I've got a 5-year old Japanese spitz named Lala (which is my nickname). I'm hoping to learn more about her behavior through this forum although I've pretty much known her her whole life :)

Re: Hey there fellow dog lovers, Layla here :)

to the forum! Spitzes are very attractive dogs. What do you hope to learn about her bahaviour? Is it challenging sometimes?

Thanks! She used to be this attention-seeker kind of dog until just recently. She loves to be alone (claiming my own bed) and doesn't want to be disturbed. She also comes up to the comfort room sometimes to look for water (which is really disgusting). When I catch her doing so, I immediately stop her and give her a clean one. It's just funny how she's changed so much now. She never did such things before :( And yes, it's quite challenging sometimes, but she's a great companion :)

Re: a little concerned..

I've got an experience with my dog ignoring other dogs too. Lala used to be good friends with my sister's male pup, Genie. This was only until a new female pup, Snow, arrived and became best friends with Genie. Now, Lala doesn't even play with Genie anymore, but instead ignores him. She hates Snow though, she bit her twice and attempted to do so the third time. Is she probably jealous?

Note by admin: Post moved here, where it is more relevant (rather than tagged on to someone else's thread)
    Last edited by LPC; 06-10-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Regarding her wanting your bed just for herself - if I understood your post correctly - that does need sorting. You will need to decide where to draw the line: either your bedroom is "out of bounds", or just your bed is "out of bounds", or she must let you settle into your own bed without trying to hog it all, LOL! This will need to be made plain to her by positive reinforcement of correct response - e.g. if you get her to move her place on the bed to let you get in, and she responds as you insist, then reward her. If not, show strong disapproval and keep insisting that she does as you ask. Some dogs can be territorial about "their" beds, even if they happen to be the caretaker's bed as well!

The drinking of water from the toilet bowl is to be strongly discouraged, I agree with you. My dogs never did that, but then again every dog is different! It is best dealt with by putting bowls of water in various places in the house, upstairs and downstairs. Correct drinking from a proper bowl should be praised.

The queries in your later post I will answer another time, as I am not well enough yet to spend a long time on a computer.

Every best wish to you!

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Layla
    All this talk of religion, but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
    If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can, and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
    And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
    http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

Same her Layla :) welcome to the club

Welcome! dog lover here! hugs ♥