Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Decorah Eagles

Decorah Eagles

Some of you might already know about this but I thought I would post for those of you who don't.

In Decorah, Iowa there is a family of Bald Eagles that are part of the RRP (Raptor Resource Project). RRP has installed a live camera feed at the nest site and anyone can watch these eagles as they build the nest, lay the eggs, hatch the babies and watch the babies grow and leave for parts unknown. It's a joy to watch and you really connect with these birds. Currently mom and dad eagle have 2 chicks and 1 egg still to go.

If anyone is interested in watching please go to:
    http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Decorah Eagles

I heard about this on another forum. It is fascinating to watch.

For anyone wanting to know more about raptors (often know as "birds of prey" in Europe), there is a good introduction here: http://10000birds.com/what-is-a-rapt...ably-wrong.htm

Thank you, Aleshia, for letting members know about this live feed. When anything interesting happens (another hatching), please update us!

I will try and keep you updated lol We are expecting the third egg to hatch any day now so our eyes are glued to the feed :)

This is so cool! I've watched it before and I have the hardest time looking away!! They were barely moving, but I watched it for two hours thinking something super cool would happen as soon as I turned it off lol.