https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kotWv4MCxNI

Few days ago, a video of an ostrich chasing cyclists on a road in South Africa, become viral on the social media.

An amateur cyclist Oleksiy Mishchenko, posted a video on YouTube and Facebook showing their adventure on the roads of South Africa, near Cape Town.

One of the cyclists said on YouTube: “I spotted a white ostrich on my left, then this beast jumped on the road from the right and started chasing my friends! It was a little scary at first, but then I thought I gonna fell of my bike from laughter.”

The runner is a very large, very fast ostrich, and he’s impressively chasing down the cyclists on the open road in South Africa.

They were cycling with 50 km/h, and at some point even with 70 km/h, and the ostrich was keeping his pace.

“It didn’t cross my mind that it could be a threat,” says Mishchenko. “The guy seemed totally cool. I don’t think he was scared, because he didn’t try to change directions or escape.”

Eventually the ostrich gave up, and left the cyclists to their business. But we must ask ourselves, what was the plan of the ostrich, chasing the cyclists on open road?