i got a new pup, Rudy a few weeks ago, one of my dogs snoop who is 8 is slowly adjusting to him, by cat, Prince (who thinks hes a dog) absolutely adores him and follows him everywhere! but my other dog gizmo who is 6 wont even acknowledge him. rudy is sleeping downstairs in his crate and doesnt go upstairs at all. so gizmo is just staying upstairs all day. he'll come down for the toilet but then shoots back upstairs to his bed. he wont even come down for his food, so we are having to take it up to him just so he will eat. were checking on gizmo regularly and showing him plenty of love and attention, we keep bringing him down for cuddles but he'll stay for about 5 mins max then shoot back upstairs:/
hes not showing any aggression towards Rudy as they are sometimes out in the garden together to try and get them use to each other, but gizmo just completely ignores him. when we first got Rudy, gizmo was shaking all the time whenever we went upstairs to check on him, this has stopped now and he is a little more lively when we go upstairs to him..
but is this normal?
gizmo accepted Prince fine and loves him so why wont he accept Rudy?