Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My old man doggie is in the hospital with pancreatitis

My 14y/o peekpom is in the hospital with acute pancreatitis. He is very sick and this came on all the sudden. They are putting him on Iv fluids overnight and are going to put him on antibiotics and a prescription diet. My question is has anyone every dealt with this before. I'm not sure how to deal with this. I'm am very scared and upset and want to know if anyone else has had to deal with and how they managed their dog after a pancreatitis attack. Thanks! Any support would be mighty helpful!

Devin
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Miss Boo May 2010
    Riley March 2003

Re: My old man doggie is in the hospital with pancreatitis

I am really sorry about Peekpom's condition my Rocky havent been in a similar situation but just want to reassure you that everything will be okay, he seems like a real fighter he will definitely come out healthy as ever.

The main thing is to make sure the vet gives you plenty of advice, they should be able to advise you on the main things. I hope he recovers ok x

Blog Entries

I am so sorry he has been unwell! No I never had that problem with my dog, so have no personal experience of managing Pancreatitis. I agree with Lurcher. Ask your vet any questions you need to know. Maybe even there will be a printed pamphlet he can give to you about it.

Your little doggy will probably need to stick very strictly to the diet and no treats and certainly no fatty foods or table scraps! Not even one morsel! Only pure water to drink. Listen to your vet's advice.

I hope he will recover well. Kind thoughts to him for a complete recovery!