Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I need help with my cat

My cat meows and pees on stuff we have one other cat in the house we have to put him in the garage at night because he meowed too much any suggestions/fixes any yes he is nuterd and he is a boy about 2 1/2
    WE HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING

Re: I need help with my cat

Welcome to the forum! Are your cats allowed outside? Or are they kept indoors all the time, perhaps because of living near a main road?

Do your two cats get on well together, or is there any rivalry? Are they both males? (Urinating can be used for "marking territory").

Please give as much supplementary information as you can, and we will do our best to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by LPC View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Are your cats allowed outside? Or are they kept indoors all the time, perhaps because of living near a main road?

Do your two cats get on well together, or is there any rivalry? Are they both males? (Urinating can be used for "marking territory").

Please give as much supplementary information as you can, and we will do our best to help you.
    there is no rivalry we had to put him outside because he keeps meowing at the doors and i have another cat that gets more loving from 1 person

Are both cats allowed outside in the garden/yard? Are they both males?

If they are both males they will be marking their territory even if they are neutered. Wanting outside all the time could mean there is another stray cat nearby which can also cause marking

Quote Originally Posted by LPC View Post
    Are both cats allowed outside in the garden/yard? Are they both males?
    no 1 female and 1 male it is the male that is doing this and no only 1 is allowed outside like 3 times a week and the girl is spaded

It is possible that if one cat is only allowed outside, and then only three times a week, frustration at not being allowed outside could be cause of such behaviour. If the male sees the female being let out (or vice versa) this could cause frustration, too. Is there some reason why they are both not allowed out at will (e.g. a main road nearby)? Assuming that there is no danger nearby, then allowing both cats to come and go (e.g. through a cat flap) should solve the problem.