Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Lightbulb interesting facts you didn't know about sharks !

There are more than 500 known species of sharks living in our oceans today. Sharks are an apex predator at or near the top of their marine food chains, and they regulate the populations of species below them. Research has shown that massive depletion of sharks has cascading effects throughout the ocean’s ecosystems.

There are many different species of sharks, they all offer varied and interesting information. so watch the video and enjoy our cool shark facts.

Re: interesting facts you didn't know about sharks !

I find sharks so fascinating! They are dangerous yet if you know about them they are so cool!

I love sharks. A sadly much misunderstood and persecuted creature.

I fear for their long-term future. Man - the 'greatest' predator of all - is slowly destroying all marine life, through polluting the oceans and over-fishing.
    Many, many sharks are getting killed ....

The oceans are vast but seemingly not big enough for the both of us.
    Last edited by knightofalbion; 01-26-2016 at 07:30 AM.
    All this talk of religion, but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
    If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can, and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
    And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
    http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

A very peceptive post, Noble Knight. I couldn't agree more. As you say, we humans are the worst predator of all. Many animal extinctions on this planet (including the dodo) have been caused by humans.

I think that sharks are really cool, well I just find every aquatic animal cool.

Sharks are the apex predators of the sea. They are very important for the marine ecosystems. If there were no sharks the ocean ecosystem's balance will be lost. It can cause great harm to the whole planet.

Name:  Great-White-Shark.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  24.5 KB

to the forum. Please go the introductions to say hello to members and tell us about yourself and any pets you may have.

I note that you are using the same image as amine, the OP in post no. 1. Did you get the image from there, or is it a royalty-free image?

Kindly note that new members are not allowed to put links into signatures, so I have removed your signature. Once you have made a good number of posts and you are an established member, you can link to your site via signature. As a favour meanwhile, I have put your website into your details as "homepage".
    Last edited by LPC; 09-10-2016 at 01:02 AM.