Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Please help us to save animal shelter

Hey guys, I know that this is not very polite for me to go on a forum with 0 post and ask for something, but i hope that Administration would approve this thread.
    We are a group of people, living in a distant country of Kazakhstan. We have a horrible situation with homeless animals living on city streets. There are 9 members in our group, all animal fans, each of has several adopted pets. We've grown tired of seeing what happens to animals living on the streets and we've decided to make a difference. We found an abandoned animal shelter outside of city limits and we want to restore it. We've launched legalization process with our city administration. We tried to find someone to help us with the construction here in Kazakstan, but we've found none. People don't seem to care at all. So we have decided to launch a campaign on Indiegogo, we've seen that crowdfunding can make miracles sometimes and we really want this miracle to happen.
    Here is the link with all the detailed info - http://igg.me/at/3sAFrpmSBRI/x/13117570

P.S. I will totaly understand if administration of this forum would reject this message or the link i've posted. Thank you and have a good day, guys.

Re: Please help us to save animal shelter

I have checked out your IP and email. At the present time, it would appear that your appeal is genuine (sadly, we can and do get scam appeals), so I have exceptionally authorised this thread, temporarily. Please state the name and address of the shelter. Does it have its own website? Please also send me a private message via this forum, clarifying the name, address and website of the vet who is helping your cause. I cannot commend the making of donations without more independently verifiable information.

I have heard about the plight of homeless pets in Kazakhstan and they certainly need help. Blessings to you for the work you are doing!

Re: Please help us to save animal shelter

My name is Andrey Vetrov, i am the only English-speaking person in our group of volunteers. I am originally from the city of Aktobe, but currently live in Atyrau. There a 9 of us so far. We don't have a website, but we will have one later on. Right now all our funds go to feed those that live in an abandoned shelter. It is located outside the city of Atyrau, we are trying to legally rent that land, it is currently owned by government. We have a vet among us, but mostly we are employees of a few oil companies based in Atyrau. Kazakhstan is suffering from some serious economic problems and almost nobody cares about animals anymore. We really want to change that. After a few discussions with the locals it was clear that people would much more likely adopt a pet that has been vaccinated and doesn't look starved to death. So that is what we want to do - create a shelter that will help animals to survive and people to find themselves a pet.
    My personal email is andryuhav@yandex.ru, our group email is animalshel@yahoo.com. Please ask me if i need to provide you any other info.
    Thank you!