Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

briefly about me

My name's Frank, I turned forty-eight last month, and I live in White Rock, B.C., Canada. I tend to prefer the more feral-like type of cat, with hair on the short side and a more pronounced snout -- albeit not an overly long snout or overly short hair length -- rather like my current pet feline, Simon, who's also black in entirety with fairly large (standard colour) greenish-yellow eyes.

Re: briefly about me

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post some pictures of Simon.

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Frank
    All this talk of religion, but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
    If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can, and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
    And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
    http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

Thanks to you both.
    As one who hasn’t had his PC connected to the Internet grid since the early 2000s (due to terrible experiences with deliberately-targeted viruses) I’m not in a position to return e-mails and posts until the next opportunity I have to use the local library’s computer room. So, please don’t perceive it as a snub or laziness if it takes me a while to reply.
    As for still-pics of Simon, I haven’t any; due to ‘technical difficulties’ I no longer use the camera I purchased before I adopted him as a little one. (I don’t even have photos of myself, for that matter, except for one very unflattering mug-shot from the mid-1990s.) Although, I do have much camcorder footage of Simon as well as some very young human relations of mine; however, I currently am unable to transfer the footage (‘digitally’, I guess it’s referred to) onto one of the said library’s computers. But when/if ever I’m able to, I’ll be sure to post video content of Simon.
    Last edited by FrankGSterleJr; 12-29-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Hello and welcome, Frank!

Yes I like those types of cats too. I used to have one similar to your description. His name was Dushka. He was a large sleek cat, very intelligent with a lovely nature. He behaved rather like a dog. He came for walks with me in the mountains. He was a cross-breed of some sort, and was grey/white (mostly grey)
    He was particularly interested in how electricity worked. I used to joke that he was a reincarnated Electrician! LOL!

Unfortunately I don't have any photo of him anywhere. He didn't live long, and no-one took photos of him....no-one had a camera, and that was pre-digital and computer days.

It would be nice to see pictures of Simon. Hello! Hello Simon!
    Last edited by Tobi; 12-30-2015 at 04:41 AM.