Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Help Control Cat Population

Let me start by saying I am not the type of person to ask for charity so this is difficult.

I love animals! I also live in an area where cats who have been abandoned or are feral are plentiful. When I see an animal in need it is my instinct to do whatever I can to help them. Over the years I have sheltered, fed, vaccinated, tamed, and rehomed numerous cats but the one thing I never have the means to do is spay/neuter them. Without spaying/neutering the cycle will continue. Many people just say taking them to the local animal shelter is the answer but my local animal shelter euthanizes hundreds upon hundreds of cats a year which I cannot subject cats I love so much to. Every dollar donated will help tremendously and is guaranteed to go towards the spaying/neutering of a precious feline. Please contact me by private message on this forum for more details of how to donate.

Thanks, Hannah
    Last edited by LPC; 10-12-2015 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Third party fundraising link removed

Re: Help Control Cat Population

Welcome to the forum! It is wonderful that you are planning to help cats in this way and I send you my very best wishes.

New members are not permitted to put live links into their posts, as an anti-spam and anti-scam precaution. That is why your two duplicate threads were not published, but were sent by the system for moderation. I have approved your post, because you seem sincere and genuine in your desire to help cats in your area, but as the donations would go via a third party site anonymously with no means of independent verification of how the donations have been spent, I have deleted your fundraising link. Any member wishing to donate is invited to contact you for further details via private message on this forum.

I don't know where you are, but Alley Cat Allies is doing a lot of free and low-cost spay/neutering on October 16 (this Friday!) in honor of National Feral Cat Day!
    Here's a link to some of the events around the country, and supposedly they do this around the world too.
    http://nationalferalcatday.org/event...o!&pe_view=map

That's a very helpful post, March! I have copied it to the "Animal News" section, so that it gets maximum coverage.
    Last edited by LPC; 10-15-2015 at 02:27 AM.