Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Feed and watch your pet over the internet

Hey all!

What you think about concept of feeding and watching your pet over the internet?

Re: Feed and watch your pet over the internet

Pets need company and exercise, not being locked up at home being watched and fed by a machine. I suppose that such a system could be useful for the occasional emergency where a pet minder could not be found, but animals need company, fun and mental stimulation, not just a full food bowl.

Blog Entries

Re: Feed and watch your pet over the internet

I definitely agree with LPC! A cat can probably manage for hours when someone is at work. Many cats like to sleep in the day anyway. And usually, food left out for them will be eaten during the hours their human is away.

But if someone has to work all day and leave their dog at home, then the best thing to do is pay for a trusted dog-sitter/dog walker to come in for an hour or two hours in the middle of the day.
    If a person has a dog, then they have a deep responsibility, not just to feed it and take it to the vet, but for its emotional well being. Paying for afternoon dog-care should be a GIVEN, if they have to be away from home 8...9...10 hours while working.

I think the 'internet feeding' idea would be brilliant in a sudden emergency. Also, a "Skype"-type set up where the human can talk to their animal friend and they can both see each other is good in an emergency. Although it is possible it may cause some stress in dogs. Dogs don't appreciate technology as much as we do. They want the real deal.
    But certainly not something to do regularly!
    Last edited by Tobi; 08-16-2015 at 06:18 PM.