Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dog's testis problem

The testis of my dog is growing abnormally.What disease could it be, is something like hydrosil is possible in dogs, what is the main reason behind this problem in case of dogs.Is nutrition responsible for it in any way.We feed him normally as suggested by professionals.We also dont let him go out side to get mixed up with street dogs.

Re: Dog's testis problem

Hydrocele in dogs is rare, but does occur. Here are two pages which briefly describe the condition in dogs:
    http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rootk001/case_19.htm
    and
    http://www.petcaregt.com/dogcare/dogtesticles.html

Hydrocele sometimes goes away by itself within a few weeks, but sometimes it requires medical intervention (e.g. aspiration). In rare cases, it can be hiding other medical problems, too.

But of course, you don't know whether it is a case of hydrocele without a professional opinion. I recommend you to take him to a vet to be examined as soon as possible.

On a different topic, please note that I have had to remove the link in your signature to a non-related commercial site. As you may not be aware of forum rules, this is just a friendly caution. Please do not do this again.

Thanks for the help admin, its fine that you removed the link, it was actually related to quizzes and involved quizzes related to animal kingdom as well so i added it into my signature.i usually visit it.Anyway its on you whether you allow it or not.Once again thanks for the help.

According to the information provided in the first link i thin my dog is suffering from Testicular neoplasia.It is written that it is a common tumour in aged male dogs.My dog is also quite aged now.Bt i will seek professional help.As i don't want to risk it.

Very wise of you. Please come back and tell us what the vet says. Very best wishes to you and your dog!

When I see dogs with abnormally sized balls, it often ended up being cancer. We have even had dogs with cryptorchidism with very swollen lower abdomens due to testicular cancer. I would say a trip to the vet is in order; it's better to catch whatever it is early and nip it now.

Hope your dog is already fine. What's the Vet say regarding the problem?

At this point you need to have him checked by a vet, the symptom you have mentioned could mean alot of things. Orchitis also exhibit similar symptoms, or it could be a tumor. The vet has to establish whats ailing your dog ASAP.