Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ryzhik's Surgery Fund

Name:  downsize.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  27.8 KB

This is Ryzhik. I donít know if a lot of people will even see this, but any share will help to spread the story. I need help.

Ryzhik was a homeless kitten that got hit by a car on May 14th. My mother and I jumped in to help, so we took her to a veterinary clinic so she would get treated. The x-rays show that she has a pelvic fracture and possibly a ruptured bladder.

The total bill for her surgery (which was scheduled for this afternoon) is $1,309.

I wouldnít ask for help if it involves money, but I simply must in this case. We donít have that much money. My mother is a single parent, and we are immigrants from Russia. She doesnt really know English, so she has to work a minimum wage job at a Russian supermarket. Im getting a job soon as well, but together we wont make enough to pay for the surgery and to support ourselves.

Any amount of donations is appreciated!! Even a simple share to spread the word would be AWESOME!

Thank you so much for even reading this far.
    Here is Ryzhikís gofundme page: http://www.gofundme.com/um2eeh9

Advanced Veterinary Complex (advancedvetcomplex.com)
    501 E. Main St, Reisterstown, Maryland, 21136
    410-833-0500
    Last edited by RyzhikMarusya; 05-16-2015 at 07:38 AM. Reason: add more information about the vet

Re: Ryzhik's Surgery Fund

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Я приветствую вас!

Normally, new members are not allowed to put links into posts and this post was therefore subject to moderation. I have approved your post here, but have deleted the identical one on your blog. Please note that duplicate posts are contrary to forum rules.

I wish you well with your appeal. It is wonderful that you are willing to care for this poor kitten, given the costs involved. However, a few dishonest people (I'm not suggesting that this applies in your case) try to raise money by making false appeals. Therefore, to help members be sure of the genuineness of the appeal, please post the name, address, website and telephone number of the vet who has given this estimate. It would also help if you ask the vet to permit requests for information from potential donors.

As usual, I give the standard caution to any members who might be considering a donation: always check out the details independently first.

Every best wish to you and to the poor kitten!

Thank you for the good wishes!

I'll edit the post with the vet information. I can even post the picture of the vet bill once I get everything together. Thank you for the advice!

Blog Entries

Hello RyzhikMarusya,
    Thank you for trying to help this little kitten. I hope your fundraising is successful. Vet bills can be very expensive.

Thank you! I just couldn't leave it hanging like that. The kitten is doing well at home now! Trying to walk too, which is a good sign c: