Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Blog Entries

Why dry food is bad for dogs

I just came across this article, written by Tony Booth:

http://www.infobarrel.com/Why_Dry_Do...s_Bad_For_Dogs

Well-written, and will make us all wonder if we ought to be feeding our dogs dry kibble.

Re: Why dry food is bad for dogs

Very good find, Tobi! My instinct always told me that dried food is not "natural", but this article puts "meat on the bone", if you will pardon the pun! Dogs, unlike humans, need meat in order to survive and it makes sense that they should be given a natural product.

I am sure that the article will enrage the dried food manufacturers, which are very powerful and have immense publicity budgets. But I for one trust the article you found.

Many caretakers of dogs give their dogs dried food, because they blindly trust all the hype and publicity. The article you cite may help to balance the score.

If a dog only gets to eat dry kibble, then yes, it's not an healthy diet. Diversity is important. I myself hardly ever give my dogs dry kibble or canned dog food. I like to cook dinner for my dogs myself. I use a lot of meat, animal by-products, eggs, rice and some vegetables that are safe for dogs like carrots or potatoes. Vegetables, of course, are not the main ingredient of my homemade dog meals.

Dry food is definitely bad for dogs. Just like we humans are switching to organic and natural food, so we should treat our dogs the same way, don't you think?

Interesting read, thanks for sharing.

Great info, thanks for sharing with this. More post from you :)