Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Brutus Gets 4 Prosthetic Paws

An incredible dog named Brutus who is adjusting to his new prosthetic paws. What a trooper!

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_27...adept-new-legs

Re: Brutus Gets 4 Prosthetic Paws

Good find, Enzo. A dog with lots of determination who can still enjoy life and continues to trust humans, even after such cruel treatment as a puppy.

Thank-you for sharing Enzo. Dogs are amazing animals.

Blog Entries

Brutus has sheer determination, and the legs are giving him a new life.

But I have heard that prosthetics are very strenuous to wear, manoeuvre in, and they can cause soreness if worn for too long. If the new caretakers were very rich, maybe they could take him to Fitzpatrick referrals in UK....
    (Am I allowed to include a link here? If not I understand and admin may wish to remove it.)

http://www.fitzpatrickreferrals.co.u...hesis-perfits/

Maybe he could have permanent implants in his legs. These work as part of the body and there has been great success with these implants.

Beautiful dog Brutus! Go boy!
    Last edited by Tobi; 04-15-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    (Am I allowed to include a link here? If not I understand and admin may wish to remove it.)
    You are an established member, Tobi. Post any animal-related links you like. It's only the spammers who get their links deleted and also get banned. Your posts are always welcome here.

Blog Entries

Thank you very much, LPC.

It might be feasible for his people to run a fundraising campaign for Brutus, to take him to the UK for assessment, and if he is found to be a suitable candidate for endo-prosthesis (if his bones are good and he is generally strong) -maybe even to pay for his surgery, rehabilitation, and flight home?
    It's amazing what some campaigns can achieve, once the 'cause' is well publicised via Facebook etc.