Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Dog peeing in house since new puppy added to the family

You know -that is so true (about the food) Dogs can eat dry food, and probably will wolf it down if they are very very hungry. But they much prefer something a bit nicer! Who can blame them?

I once dog-sat for friends. The dog came to me for the day while they had a day out, and he joined forces with me and my dog Misty. The people told me he ate his food okay but usually in small stages, and didn't seem enthusiastic -ever -about food! Well, I didn't want to completely break his routine and spoil him, but I added some meat broth to his dry food just before serving.
    He ate every speck of food in the bowl! In minutes!

There is nothing wrong in home-cooking some meat or fish, with suitable vegetables for dogs, and adding that to the dry kibble. My bet is all dogs love that! That is much nicer, and more nutritious than canned wet food, and may only cost a few pennies more per portion -if that.

Your book sounds right up my street! I would be very interested in that, when it is finished. I like humorous animal stories -anything to make me giggle! LOL
    Good luck with your work.
    Last edited by Tobi; 03-10-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Hi Toby,

If I were a dog I would want pizza in my doggie dish. hahah. I will try to remind my friend, Terry, to make his food more interesting. Thanks for the pointers. I am new to forums so it has been a challenge learning how to navigate. Hopefully I know what I am doing now. Not sure when the book will be finished. My goal is sometime this year. I have been struggling of late with increased pain so I have to pace myself. I have violent muscle spasms in my torso and a bad back, among other things. No one has been able to diagnose, cure or give much relief except for my chiropractor. I dont like medications so I dont take them.

My friends all say I am very funny and I should write a book about my life in "only the way I can tell it". Lots of funny stuff in there and I hope I can navigate the self publish arena and get it out there. Its a first for me. Time will tell.... but so far, my friends say its a home run.

I will let you know when I get it published. Very kind of you to show interest. In this crazy and gloomy world, laughter is much needed. That is one reason I miss having pets because through the years, they made me laugh so much. Sometimes I go on youtube and watch funny animal videos. I can spend hours there. That's as close as I can get to pets, these days, except I have managed to make friends with the squirrels in the yard. Sadly, I cant let them in the house, lol. Its the best I can do for now.

When I am feeling better, I plan on perusing this forum more to make new friends and hopefully laugh a little about funny things pets do. I so, love to laugh. Animal lovers are the warmest people on the planet! Thanks to you and LPC for some nice conversation!

Godspeed....

Blog Entries

I am sorry you have pain Korky. But it's good that the chiropractor can be some help to you. Have you tried acupuncture? I once got the most agonising muscle spasm in my forearm which went on for days and days (many years ago -in the 1990s.) I could not bear anything touching it. Even the bed covers caused pain, and my arm wouldn't straighten out. But it was literally CURED in a few minutes by acupuncture. I gave the doctor a hug!

You are right! Animals do some funny things! I actually do believe they have a very sharp sense of humour! But of course some of them are funny when just going about their normal day....

The 'self publish' arena isn't too bad. If you want any advice or help do PM me (I don't want to take up too much space here) I self published my own book so might be able to help with some things.
    Last edited by Tobi; 03-11-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Hi Toby,

The past couple of weeks has been especially bad. It has a mind of its own.

Your arm spasms sound JUST awful. I KNOW what it feels like. You poor thing. I am so glad acupuncture relieved it. Yes, I have tried acupuncture and got some relief but not complete releif or a cure. I frankly ran out of money so I had to stop going.

Animals are Gods gift to humans, I do believe. I hope to have a safari in my back yard in my mansion when I get to heaven. I am quite serious about that. I will be rolling around in the yard with the lions and tigers and loving every minute of it.

As far as the self publish arena, OMG! You are kidding! You have blazed that trail? What a blessing. !!!! As soon as I can figure out how to PM you, I will. Thank you so very, very much! Apparently my discovery of this forum to help my friend was a divine appointment. I wish I felt better to read all the posts on here and meet new folks. Maybe another day. I tell you, those I have met so far are just marvelous and so loving. It's an honor to just be here.

Korky, to send a private message (usually abbreviated to PM), just click on the big word "Tobi" in one of her posts, and an option "Private message" will appear. Just click on that option and off you go! If you want to see her website, you can either click on her signature or click on the "Visit homepage" option, after clicking on the big "Tobi" I just mentioned. The same principle would apply for other members of this forum (including myself). If you have any other queries about how to use the forum, just ask. We are here to help.
    Last edited by LPC; 03-12-2015 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Added word

Thank you so much, LPC. And by the way, I love the picture of your dog. What breed is it?

The basic breed is Griffon, but this is a broad class of dogs. Within that class, she could be described as "Basset Fauve de Bretagne", a small-medium size dog who just loves to be outside. Luckily we have one hectare of land, with a sheep field, so she could go out as much as she wanted. Occasionally, when a sheep escaped, she just went to the right position by herself, instinctively, and then barked - making the sheep return in the right direction. One time, we were indoors and heard barking. A sheep had got into our garden - we had forgotten to close a gate - and was close to the road. Puce had realised, and by the time we got outside, she had intervened and the sheep was back through the gate into the field. All we had to do was close the gate - and give her lots of praise!

Blog Entries

Puce was a good girl, LPC. She knew how to handle that sheep. Clever girl!
    Misty didn't have such skills with sheep, but once headed off a whole herd of Bullocks who were charging us. They stopped in their tracks! So we could escape from the field! But Misty made little squeaky noises of friendship towards sheep through fences, sometimes.

Korky, when you pass over, I am sure you will have very much to do with animals. There, we go where our hearts take us. Maybe even one day Misty and I might be able to come to visit you in your beautiful house there with your menagerie! Misty and I (and friends of hers) will be living in a lovely little wooden house!

Yes, the older dog feels 'threatened' by the arrival of the new dog and is marking his territory to reaffirm his claim.

I think getting them to interact through play would help break down barriers.

They should be alright once the dogs have got used to each other and sorted out a pecking order between them.
    All this talk of religion, but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
    If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can, and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
    And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
    http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

LPC. I have never heard of a Griffon. You learn something new every day. She looks precious! I love how smart animals are.