Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

A comparatively quiet bird

Hey everyone,

I am running my own massage studio and it is supposed to be a haven of relaxation for the body as well as the mind. In the reception I already have a tiny waterfall and the studio is inspired by the nature. So I was thinking if I could buy us a bird to really give that little extra. There is just one thing. I love birds and all that, but I remember a neighbor in my last apartment who had this bird which was constantly yelling (what is the proper word in English, cause it was not singing in my opinion?)
    My studio is supposed to be chilled down place, so what I need is a bird which is singing or twitter relatively much. Please don't judge me on being hatred on animals. I have a lovely Berner sennen which my hubby are able to bring to his work.

So please let me know by responding to this thread or to my site.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by rossie45; 03-05-2015 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Berner sennen - correction

Re: A comparatively quiet bird

Welcome to the forum. The word you are looking for is probably "squawking".

If you are looking for a songbird, what about the canary? Here is a video of one singing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6M-4L8zogA

However, please do get a pair, as in my opinion it is cruel to keep one bird alone - although this is quite common.

That is just beautiful... I understand you with what you are saying when "to get a pair". As a dog person I know the importance of company for an animal. The Canary bird is definitely one candidate for my reception. Are there more birds in the finch family which are domestic and sing beautiful?

Oh yes, I tried youtubing "squawking" and you were right haha.

The next choice for singing is probably the cockatiel. See http://www.birdchannel.com/bird-spec...ing-birds.aspx for a quick overview. Hope that helps you!

A very warm welcome to the forum.

I'm not a fan of caged birds. Birds were made to fly .....

Maybe you just need some ambient music. There are plenty of relaxing, atmospheric, 'chill out' CDs incorporating the sounds of nature.
    All this talk of religion, but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
    If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can, and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
    And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
    http://holy-lance.blogspot.com