Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hybrid View

Question lump on my chinchilla chest

hello,
    I noticed when I was holding my chinchilla tonight he had a bald lump on his chest. Do you think it could be a tumor or is it part of a chinchilla getting old? thank you for your help :)

Re: lump on my chinchilla chest

Lumps and bumps are always a concern in our pets, and although the first thing most people think of is cancer, it is reasonably unlikely for a 2 month old baby. The most common cause for a bump is an infection or abscess. Is he your only chinchilla or do you have a pair?

Re: lump on my chinchilla chest

I just googled "bald lump on chinchilla" and found lots of links/discussions. This problem seems to be common. I suggest that you do a search yourself and follow up the links.

However, as always, if the condition continues or worsens after trying what they mention, then it would be wise to seek a vet's opinion. Please keep us informed.