Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The Healing Power of Animals

its knowing how loyal they are too you too, and knowing how much they love you. no matter what you do your pets will always be by your side supporting you.

Yup agree with this 100%. I just started a new job and they allow us to bring our dogs into the office. I came in the other day and was greeted by 2 big labradors. Easily the highlight of my week!

When I see my dogs it makes me really happy. It heals my stress and headaches.

I know personally that my cats have kept me company and given me love, even in the darkest times. The healing power of animals is also a new field of research. I have heard of a new initiative called HABRI - Human Animal Bond Research Institute - which is studying this very thing. But most of us pet lovers already knew this! ;)

Blog Entries

It's because they love us, and we know without a doubt, that they do. For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health.....etc
    Plus they make us smile. They make us play frisbee in 10 degrees below zero, they make us go for long walks. On those walks we do not talk about future or past, or about politics, business, or money. They get us to think about the texture of 'dog-sticks' and the smell of grass, and nothing much else. They make us think about them, instead of just ourselves. Humour is not wasted on them, and they make good alarm-clocks. Sometimes they make us eat apples, by subtle telepathy! This is outright mind-control manipulation, usually ending with a bite of apple being put on the floor.
    lol
    Last edited by Tobi; 07-05-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Great post Tobi!

Another way of saying that is they teach us to live in the present moment, just appreciating the here and now.

Animals are beautiful creatures of God and highly inspirational. I particularly love movies, documentaries, books and what have you on animals.

Healing Power of Animals is true! I fell myself better every time I stroke my cat.