Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Help out Sox!

Exclamation Help out Sox!

Hi! I'm very new to this website, so please forgive me if this is the inappropriate place to post this.
    I've been an animal lover all my life, and my family has had many pets that have been loved to death.

On 9/11/14, a little kitten found his way onto my porch at about 2:30 in the morning. The poor thing was starving to death. After he chugged down some food,
    all he wanted was some lovings. My mom and I decided to take him in, because if we didn't, he surely would have died.
    Currently he is very happy, active, and loving. His fur is shiny, and his little belly is always full of delicious kitten chow!

For his own health, he needs his kitten shots, a check up, neutered, and de-clawed.
    Unfortunately, in our area, not many vets provide these services for cheap.
    My family and I are saving up as much as we can, however, we won't be able to cover all the costs.

We are trying to start a funding page for his vet bills.
    If anyone could share this page, and spread the word, it would be very much appreciated.

http://www.gofundme.com/Soxies

to check up on Sox, and see how he's doing, please visit http://soxieslife.tumblr.com/

Thank you all so much for your time!

Name:  10708472_10202914964181800_893710602_n.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  10715950_10202914964341804_1983632028_n.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  10711304_10202914631133474_1790596048_n.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  34.6 KB

Re: Help out Sox!

Good luck with your fundraising appeal. Declawing is not generally not recommended by animal welfare organisations. Please give the name and address of the vet who is treating your pet.

Re: Help out Sox!

I would encourage you to NOT de-claw either. I have had cats all my life and some indoors also and never had them de-clawed and they were fine. They can be trained what to claw and what not to claw.. there are many things you can make or buy to allow them to do their natural scratching. A spray bottle with some water will train them to what not to scratch on. haha. Also cats do not need to be neutered until at least 6 to 9 months old. I hope the funds come through for you. I have a cat that is almost 16 years old and has been sick the last few months. We have a great VET in our area that I trust immensely. Back in July I spent $68 on her and then just 2 weeks ago another $90. So I know how you feel.