Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a good oral care for dog bad breath, any suggestions?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for an oral care product for my dog, any solution?

Re: Looking for a good oral care for dog bad breath, any suggestions?

A warm welcome to the forum, wuff! Great user name, too! Please go to the introduction section to say hello to members and tell us more about yourself and your pets.

Regarding your question, products available will vary from country to country. You haven't stated in which country you live. I suggest that you Google the problem, with your country's name included in the search. You could also ask your vet for advice, as bad breath can indicate more serious problems occasionally.

Yeah, there's not much products here. I can order online or ask my friends and have it here. I updated my location. ;) Thanks for bringing that up.

Found some products as well and checking it out. Will update you with the results

What type of Oral care you looking for? It can be as simple as a special doggy toothbrush and doggy toothpaste. Or you looking for something more involved?

the product referred to me is - Oxyfresh. Will get more info and post it here. I think this will do.

Please go ahead - but no commercial advertising links, please. Members can Google the product name if they wish.

yeah sure they can google that name I guess. Wait leme check... just search "the oxystore". Just found out it's not just for pets which I think is cool just don't interchange the one's for you and for your pet. Haha

Blog Entries

I used to get the "Virbac" enzymatic toothpaste for my Misty. She hated having her teeth brushed but liked the taste of the toothpaste! So we only did them every 2-3 days. A doggy toothbrush with 2 separate brush sizes, and also a 'fingertip applicator' usually comes with it or spares can be bought. I got that in the UK, and am unsure if it's available in the US.

Bad breath though, can sometimes be a sign of other problems. For instance, gingivitis, decayed teeth, or even kidney problems.
    But many times it can be something stuck between the teeth. Take a good look at your dog's mouth. Are the gums swollen and red or any tartar build up? That would need professional cleaning. If you see anything like that it's best to take him to the vet.

That's a very helpful post, Tobi.