Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Rescued baby bunny from the cat...... What to feed it?

i have a wild baby bunny that the cat almost killed. i dont see any injuries but when i went to set it free it wouldnt go. I was wanting to find out what to feed it?????

Re: Rescued baby bunny from the cat...... What to feed it?

Here are two sites which may help you:
    http://rabbit.org/what-to-feed-your-rabbit
    and
    http://www.pdsa.org.uk/pet-health-advice/rabbits/diet

You will need a good hutch and of course straw for bedding. But do please try releasing the bunny at least once again, as wild rabbits do not always settle as pets.

Name:  bunny #2.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  79.6 KBfor sure i will let it go as soon as it will go. thank you very much for the info
    Last edited by stra8up3; 05-05-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Many blessings to you for saving this baby bunny! If the bunny still won't leave after a few days - then he has made his choice! Once he becomes domesticated, then he might not survive in the wild. The next few days are crucial. So you may have acquired a pet!

Please come back soon and let us know the outcome.

GREAT NEWS!!!! after i woke this morning, i found that the bunny had ate all of his carrot and dandelions! im going to try and release him again today and see if he will run away this time. he should be ok wont he??? thank you

i really dont like to see any animal caged, especially wild ones. im not willing to turn him loose for him to die either. i will do what ever it takes to insure that he can live a long, happy life. im not understanding why he couldnt survive on his own with all the other bunnies i see everyday in the grass, the xmas tree grove and eating the carrots i put out there everyday. could you please explain to me why he may not survive? I really dont know a thing about rabbits, i have horses... thanks

Well, once animals get used to being fed, they can lose the instinct to fend for themselves in the wild. But provided he hops off in the next few days he should survive. But if he still stays with you and won't run off, you have a pet!

Even if he does run off, he may still come back to visit...

Keep in touch.

ok thank you that helps me alot .. i will do as you said

Bunny is gone!!!!!

Thanks for letting us know. He probably just needed a few days to recover after being attacked.