Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

can dogs eat blueberries!

Yes , dogs can eat blueberries.

Do not worry if you accidentally drop a few blueberries on the floor and your dog run , blueberries are safe for dogs .

Blueberries are completely natural and health. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants , vitamin C. Antioxidants can improve heart function and reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease . At the same time , the effect of antioxidants can protect the structure and tissue radical damage and delay aging. While cranberries provide special benefits for older dogs .

Blueberries are great gifts for your dog . In fact, many dogs do not like the taste of cranberry. If your dog suffers from lactose intolerance , you can mix the blueberries and yogurt together, your dog will love the taste. It is low in sodium and sugar , very healthy .

While cranberries seem to grapes , the dog can not eat grapes and raisins, both are toxic .

Blueberries are sweet , so that dogs should eat in moderation of consumption may cause stomach upset and diarrhea.
    Last edited by David; 11-02-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: removed non-related link

Re: can dogs eat blueberries!

what about mulberries in that case, huh? I'd like to know
    Last edited by Frosty; 11-15-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: had to add something
    Frosty Wind is a animal lover, plus has many animals as pets.

Interesting. When my dog and i went to the forest and i decided to pick some blueberries to take them home, she was always picking them too, she was really good at that, but she ate them all :) ... she loved blueberries :)

Name:  WAgbw_6UoDE9eyZO.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  50.7 KB

Cool Re: can dogs eat blueberries!

Blueberries are good and healthy for dogs. They are high vitamin C and fiber and low in fat. You can give him fresh or frozen blueberries.

Note-Donít give him a large amount of blueberries.

My German Shepherd eats blueberries on his own whenever I take him walking in the forest.

Fresh blueberries are great, but frozen blueberries make for a crunchy treat dogs love.

Here's a link that is a great reference for people foods that are safe for dogs: http://www.petmd.com/dog/nutrition/e...healthy_snacks

I have seen blueberry dog treats - and my dog loves them (and bananas - and peanut-butter). Just don't give him/her too much at once is my only advice. :)

I agree with Megan. Blueberries are healthy and good for our dogs just be sure not to give too much at once :)

Yes dog can eat blueberries. My Lala dog love blueberries also, almost all the fruits :D She really loved fruits.

I agree, blueberries do have some benefits on dogs but they should be considered an occasional treat, not a daily supplement. The amount depends on the body weight of your pet. However, ten blueberries or less should be fine for all but the smallest dog. Too many blueberries may result in gastric upset and diarrhea. Be watchful for a reaction the first time you give them to Spot. If your dog has any history of stomach or digestive problems, you should not give your dog blueberries without talking with your veterinarian first. If you are confused about how much to give your dog, check with your vet for guidance.