Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: I found a bird

Question I found a bird

Hi,

I am living in Kuala Lumpur. 2 days ago I found a very small bird on my apartments stairs. he looks ok but weak. He does not try to escape or fly. I think he used to be a pet or cage bird.
    I don't know what do feed him. Please take a look at photos and help me.

Name:  IMG_20131003_125757.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  81.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20131003_125724.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  43.9 KB

Re: I found a bird

It is very difficult to save wild birds, but if as you say this bird was previously kept in a cage then your chances are quite good. The best advice I know is here: http://www.quakerville.com/qic/feeding.asp

I suggest that you read all the page carefully, but pay especial attention to the section "Feeding small caged birds". The advice given is very sound and applies to caged birds generally, not just parrots (which is the main interest of the site).

Here is another page with sound advice about giving a varied diet, not just seeds: http://www.2ndchance.info/cagebirdcare.htm

I do so hope that the information will help you. Please come back and let us know how you get on.

Many blessings to you for helping this poor weak bird!
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    Animals have souls, too! Free support for anyone grieving the passing of a beloved pet

Re: I found a bird

Glad you are willing to save that little bird. If I were you I would bring him to any vet or bird store, they usually have knowledge on local birds or special breeds so they can suggest you what kind of cage and food is good for him.