Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

olive oil for dogs

Authoritative information by a veterinarian on the topic of “olive oil for dogs.” Included are health benefits and the pros and cons of use including Olive oil benefits for dogs, correct dosage, effects on dogs coat or hair. Olive oil for dog’s joints, dry skin, ears, paws, mites. This is your resource for everything olive oil for dogs.

For years, the health benefits of a Mediterranean diet, and especially of olive oil, have been touted as a cure-all for heart disease and diabetes. Olive oils are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and polyphenols, which have well-established cardiac benefits when integrated into a healthy human diet. Olive oil contains oleic acid, which has been shown to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood.

Re: olive oil for dogs

Hello Bixy, I actually do this for my dog, about 3 or 4 times a month I add Olive Oil to her dry dog food. She loves it!

Here we add coconut oil on Doppler's meals which have good health benefits for him too.

i am also using olive oil for my dog.it's really good

Olive oil is very good for hair, skin and food of dogs. There is monounsaturated fat in olive oil. Monounsaturated fat reduces belly fat and insulin sensitivity. If your dog is a smart then olive oil is very important for that. Use branded olive oil for your dog.

The addition of olive oil may also increase energy consumption, and help with weight control in obese and overweight dogs by stimulating their metabolism.

My dog seems to love it when I add a bit of olive oil to the dry food. I only do this on rare occasions though.

I add some oil to my dog's dry food. He likes it and I can see that his fur reacts beautifully to it. I also said 'oil' only because it differs sometimes it's rice oil and sometimes grapeseed oil :)

Oh its really nice.. Thanks Bixy :)
    And how about other oils like coconut?