Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Edward

Edward

I just recently lost my baby, Edward. [01/24/09]
    He was my hamster, && he suffered from wet tail, then a rectal prolapse.
    It was hard to let him go, he fought for so long, && I was holding him as he took his last few breaths of life. I had to watch him gasp, but I'm glad that he suffers no more, it was just so hard to watch him go. He was the best friend anyone could have ever asked for, && now he is in heaven. Even though he was so small, he still meant a lot to me. May he forever rest in peace. Does anyone know how to cope with this situation?

The good news is, I have a baby of his, I let him mate with my female hamster, Isabella. The baby looks just like him, except brown. [:
    So that will be the best reminder of him, a very special baby.

My Edward.
    [img]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l185/Andrea_Loves_Derek/animal-1.gif[/img]

Loss is hard to cope with and more difficult when the ones we lose is so sudden. My thoughts are with you in this time of need, we have a great deal of us here, suffered fromt he same loss you feel now. In time the pain will heal, until then think fondly on him so that your tears are happy ones rather then sad.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

I am trying so hard to be happy for him, because I know he is a lot happier where he is now. It's just so hard to see him go. He was fine earlier that morning, then he just started to shut down, && he turned so cold...
    My tears are happy ones because he is safe now, but they are also very sad ones because he is gone forever.

Thank you so much for caring, it means a lot to me.
    [img]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l185/Andrea_Loves_Derek/animal-1.gif[/img]

I m so sorry for your loss. I know its difficult time for you and hard to grieve. You can contact with grief counseling group. They help you to deal with your grief. You take some time for heal your pain and relief from your grief.