Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hi from New Zealand

Hi everyone,

I'm Brittany and I'm a US citizen living in NZ. Moved here when I was 11 and I've been here for 12 years.

The only time I've been without at least two cats in my life was the three months that I moved out of home. I've had probably about 20 cats and 4 dogs - Retriever, Husky, Boxer and Lab.

Currently I have a 4yr old female tortie named Girl, a 3yr old male ginger tabby named Frank and a 4 1/2 month old chocolate lab named Koda.

I studied Veterinary Nursing a couple years ago and have spent over two years working in Dog Daycare Centres. I spend my saturdays at my Zoo working with a Keeper in the "KidZone" area (rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, parrots, rats, preying mantis, pigs and cotton-top tamarins) while I work towards my Zookeeping qualification.

Animals are my life and I'm looking for other people who share my passions and interests. I'm also here to help the best I can if anyone has any questions, and I'm here to learn everything I can about the animals I'm not too familiar with :)

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Also, I've just realized I spelt my name wrong! With two "L's" instead of one. Hopefully I can get this changed!!
    Last edited by myanimaltails; 01-08-2013 at 12:50 AM.

Re: Hi from New Zealand

Welcome to the Animal Forum Brittany!! :)

We will look into having your name changed asap. Please send us a quick ticket for that, we are currently working on relaunching this forum..

Welcome to the forum, dear Brittany.

Hi, Brittany. My school teacher was from New Zealand. Welcome to the Animal Forum. Just now I work with horses because I want to get experience for if I get the chance to become a vet like I want to be. I am only 12 years of age so I cant really get any permanant jobs. The work I do just now is volunteer work so I dont get payed. I have 3 dogs (German Shorthaired Pointer, Weimaraner + Whippet), 8 cats (2 black and white, 2 tabys, 1 bengal, 1 tortoise shell, 1 ginger and 1 white with black and brown spots), 3 ferrets (2 albino and 1 fawn) and 2 guinea bigs (1 brown, light brown and white and the other 1 black,grey,brown and white).

I hope you enjoy posting and meeting other users.

Beth:)

Hi,

I just saw your ticket and corrected your username. As you can see, it already shows up correct now :rolleyes:

Enjoy your time here!