Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thinking about getting a Ferret

They seem so cute at the pet store. Can somebody tell me more about them?

Read up about them, especially from books aimed at people working ferrets, theyre much more detailed in al aspects of keeping a ferret.
    Personally i love ferrets, been keeping them for nearly 20 years now, great pets! like permanent puppies, always full of energy and very inquisitive. Beware however, you need to ferret-proof your house!
    They are affectionate animals and dont deserve the bad rep they have. A trained ferret is no danger to anyone (most people have heard horror stories of ferrets latching onto someones nose or finger lol)
    Id definitely recommend them as pets, but up on them!

Re: Thinking about getting a Ferret

Thanks. I will read up on them. They look very playful. You must like them to have them for so long.

Definitely one of my all time favourite animals....and thats saying something with the array i have worked with!
    They are just such friendly little curious characters

Hi, I have 3 ferrets and they are great animals. You could watch them play for ages and not get bored. They are really easy to keep. My dad uses them for hunting but I love them as pets. The bad thing about them is they stick quite a bit and would be best suited outside. You can let them run free in the house like a cat but you would need to cover up any holes in the walls and stuff. I would consider them to you because they are a great companionship.

Beth :)