Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dog Control Harness

We have had many German Shepherds - big ones - and they can really pull on the lead when they see something of interest - cats ?

Both me and my wife have taken a fall when suddenly pulled and it hurts. You can easily damage a knee, wrist or elbow badly if caught off guard. It can be serious.

Elderly people are particularly at risk of being at constant pulling strain or being pulled over by a sudden pull.

We have tried several "Halter" collars, all of which vary from useless to not too bad, but none of them have been a success.

My Rottie Kaiser at 50 kg, has a pull like the Space Shuttle at boost. Rotties have the power of a bull. So not wishing to emulate a chariotless Charlton Heston in Ben-Hur, We looked round for a really good restraining collar and asked many people. I surfed the Internet inside out.

Sheperds

What is it about German Sheperds and cats? Dogs and cats are like mortal enemies, but for some reason german sheperds seem to be the ultimate cat enemy.

I am really interested on dogs but don't own any. I wanted to buy yet don't know where and how to choose a good dog. Can you help me on this?