Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What is wrong with the goldfish??!!

Ok, so when I was about 7 or 8, my grandma bought some goldfish and I named them Nemo and Pearl. I'm now in my mid teens, and the two little goldies are swimming around happily, but their scales are almost all completley white, Nemo seems to be blind in one eye (looks like there is film on it?) and nemo also has a completly white head. His head first was a little red dot then it was awhite splodge now his whole head is covered. Both fish are not swimming around like they used to, and tend to sort of..well float side by side. They wait for their fish flakes to fall to the bottom before eating them too.
    My grandma asked the man in the aquarium shop, and he gave her some medicine which she gives to the fish, but they aren't improving.
    Any idea what's wrong? Is it just old age?

Re: What is wrong with the goldfish??!!

Sounds like some fungal infection. Maybe fin rot. Adding a little salt might help