Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

cat walking funny - advice?

we have a 6month old female cat, for the past 2 or 3 days we have noticed that when she walks, her back end is kind of lower than it used to be (instead of her back being horizontal its curved downwards).When she walks she seems to be lumbering and not moving very fast, as if she has sore back legs or sore hips.When we pick her up she lets out a meow, although this could be due to the fact she is not used to being picked up (she was dropped as a kitten we were told, before we got her).

She hasnt been out since we got her (we were keeping her in till she got spayed) and i dont think she has injured herself in our home.

Bearing in mind she is only 6 months old and we have another 4month old kitten who tries to play with her, all she does is sleep and if we pick her up and put her down to see if she will walk she just sits where we place her, as if it is painful for her to walk.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My best advice would be to see you vet, anything could have happened from hip injury to knee injuries to something internal. Better to have it checked out and find out its nothing then to leave it and find out its something.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

It could be too many different things for any of us to really know what's wrong. I have to agree with celtechfarms, that cat needs a vet, and soon. I wouldn't wait around for this to get any better, as it will probably only get worse as it spreads or gets more painful.

hey, thanks for the replies. It seems to have cleared up now, we're thinking she maybe just sprained something and it hurt for a few days, she's walking fine now, and is not meowing when we pick her up.

We will of course still keep an eye on her, but everything seems ok.

That's good. (:
    I'm glad she's okay.