Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2 cocker Spaniels/I need advice

HI,

I am new to this site. I found when I was trying to find information about Cocker Spaniels. Yesterday I found 2 cocker Spaniels wandering my gym's parking lot. The dogs had most likely been dropped off. The are very dirty, the ears are badly matted, and they have fleas.

I called the animal control center but they couldn't pick them up because they where to busy. So I brought them home with me and started making phone calls to different rescue place here in Atlanta. Because of the holiday weekend I couldn't find anyone at home or answering the phones. My husband wanted to drive them to the pet shelter. So we did. It was awful. The place looked more like a dump the an animal shelter. I felt horrible.

After returning home I started looking at information about the shelter. It has a 57% kill rate. I can't stop thinking about these sweet dogs that just need a good bath and they would make wonderful pets. Because I am 8 months pregnant and my other two children are 3 and 4 and we have 2 dogs of our own my husbands thinks we have done the best that we can. But I don't think so.

I want to go pick up the dogs and try and find homes for them. But I think my husband might not be to happy with me if I where to do that. I believe I have 7 days before they are killed. I just have to find them a home. I won't be able to live with myself if I don't try. Can anyone give me specific advice? I really need as much help as I can get. Thank you for reading such a long post. I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
    CJ
    CJ Mom of 2 and 1 on the way. Pround mother to Molly and Mayzie (the four legged children:)

CJ, please call the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary: http://www.bestfriends.org and ask them for advice.

Phone: (435) 644-2001
    Fax: (435) 644-2078
    e-mail: info@bestfriends.org

They may be able to help advise you in some way. I agree that with a kill rate that high (that is AWFUL) these guys probably do not stand much of a chance. What a terrible situation.