Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

hello... a paper i wrote 4 school

Who am I?
    I am permitted to own tigers, gorillas, and panthers at my home despite my inability to proved proper care and lodgings.
    Entertain me with naturally social animals that have been whipped, stabbed, and beaten then locked away for transport.
    I subject animals to chemical weapons, ionizing radiation, lasers, high power microwaves, and biological weapons to further better my military.
    Cutting the top of a monkey’s skull open comes natural to me.
    At work I slam chimpanzees into their cages after they've had dosing tubes rammed down their throats.
    Fun for me is watching men ride horses that have been provoked into displaying "wild" behavior by the use of such devices as spurs, electric prods and flank straps, a strap around their groin area that is suddenly tightened.
    I feel safer knowing the lethal dose of my toothpaste and shampoo has been tested on rabbits first.
    Sometimes my job has me kill baby chicks with carbon dioxide in plastic bags or shred them.
    I will eat genetically fattened turkey on Thanksgiving.
    I am only trying to catch tuna with my trawling nets, so I toss back all the dead dolphins.
    It might bother me a little that an animal was skinned and dismembered while it was still conscious, but I really like that leather belt.
    I think using live dogs in my first-year physiology course, which are then killed at the end of the class, is perfectly acceptable.
    I want my make-up to first be applied to the eyes of thousands of cats to make sure it’s not going to hurt me.
    I want a “Big Mac”, even if it means the mass destruction of rainforests for cattle ranches.
    After all, I’m only human.

You wrote this for a school project? This is cruelty to animals you wrote my friend. Animals are created by God with purpose. We have to take care of them as they are being taken care of by the Creator. Maybe this will help you change your mind. In Genesis 1 we find the creation of all things. It is here that we see God establishing the relationship between man and animal. In verse 28 God gives to man authority over all that was created on earth. Man is to take care of and use the earth. Man is to have the authority over all that was created. This means that man is to assume the control and protection of all that God had created. We must be careful in this role. Many are for protecting every animal no matter the cost both to mankind and to the animals. Animal cruelty should not take place if men truly understand the command to be “caretakers” of the earth. We are to control the numbers of animals so disease and sickness do not kill them off; we are to use the animals for our needs; we are to control animals in a manner in which they are not harmful to humans; and finally we should protect them from over-killing and abuse.

Proverbs 12:10 tells us, "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel."

I think that was the point SteeV was trying to get across, not that they were an animal abuser, but to bring awareness to animal abuse.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

Oops. I think Youbetcha1018 missed the point of that.

I thought it was great, sounds like something I would have written at school. Very poignant.

I personally don't appreciate the way that religion tends to depict animals as lesser beings. In my mind all animals have just as much right as people to live their lives, to be treated fairly, respected and taken care of. Human beings are not any more deserving than them; just more fortunate.