Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is ridiculous!

In Princeton, a family dog, Congo, has been declared “vicious” by municipal Judge Russell Annich Jr.. Because of this, he may be ordered put to sleep, this coming Tuesday. His crime? A landscaper came onto the property of the dog’s owner, Guy and Elizabeth James, after being told to wait. Congo and the family’s other dogs started to bark. One of the landscapers’ started hitting the dogs with a metal rake. Elizabeth James started to yell at him to stop. So, the landscaper grabbed Elizabeth, from behind, and pulled her to the ground. Congo, thinking that his owner was being attacked, did what ANY good dog should do. He tried to protect his owner. The landscaper was bitten, and injured, as he should have been. Now, for being a good dog, Congo might be put to sleep. Should Congo be put to death for protecting his family?

http://petloverstips.com/ForTheLoveo...tecting-family

Totally rediculas, people in this world are idiots!
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

This is insane. If anyone should be put to sleep it is the landscaper. OK, I know you don't get the death sentence for assault. The landscaper assaulted the client! This is insane.

I just read the article again, to make sure it is real. The landscaper also assaulted the clients animals...what could this Judge be using for brains?

Sh*t for brains is my first thought!!

How wrong that this poor dog is even in trouble....Sue the landscaper and the Co. he works for, and give that dog a big ole' steak for protecting his family.
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

First of all I don't think the dog should be euthenized at all by any means. I'd understand the 10 day quarantine at a vet's office (that's what they do around here if a dog bites anyone). But definitely not put down.

I do somewhat understand the concern. I've always heard that a good guard dog will scare without injury. So I see how what this one did can be seen as aggressive. I want to say yeah, but the dog was provoked. But a "good dog" won't attack even if provoked. (SUPPOSEDLY--this is just what "they" say anyway).

I don't know but as far as I'm concerned, if anyone ever did something like that to me or my dogs I hope they'd attack him just like Congo did. Don't want to wish harm on anyone but do unto others, right?

I dunno who thinks a good guard dog is one that won't attack (Though I have heard the same BS). What's the point in the dog trying to bluff someone???

If some man was hitting my dogs with garden tools and then laid his hands on ME in a forceful manner I have no doubt in my mind that Brutus would try to rip him apart, & Brutus is the most laid back love bug anyone will ever meet. The person in this story already proved he was dangerous (in the dog's eye) by trying to harm them.......by taking it a step further and grabbing the woman, the jerk got what he had coming to him.

I just hope the legal system pulls their head out of their @** and put all the fault on the jerk and not the dog who was doing the only logical thing he could do.

Most dogs, even guard dogs, won't attack without good reason, and it seems clear this dog had a good reason to. If this was a person, I doubt the man would try and sue them for his assault (though I have most certainly seen people try to do that), but I think the fact that it's a dog, and a big one, makes it easier to play on the public bias of "vicious dogs like shepards, rottweilers, and pitbulls".

Very true Arazante. Sadly because of his size that puts him at risk.

We had an inncident in Petsmart where my son (who was 3 at the time) was attacked by a Jack Russel Terrier while he had his back turned. He never looked at, touched or had anythign to do with the dog what so ever..

Blue, my now passed on Weimaraner attacked the JRT, shoook him and did a bit of damage.

We had some nasty legal battles because they were calling for MY dog to be PTS because of the "violent" attack on the small dog.....Guess it didn't matter that the "sweet lil' dog" attacked a HUMAN CHILD UNPROVOKED.

Either way, we fought tooth and nail, had several vet, trainers and Blue's CGC for backup and in the end the JRT was PTS.

Sad I know because it wasn't the dogs fault all in all...the owners were to blame..but our legal mess with them brought out the fact that this was not the first time this dog had attacked and harmed a child and so the end was he was PTS :(

For that reason I don't take my dogs to dog parks. I will take the Danes to "Dane meetups" that several of us dane fanactics have each year, but I won't take him to interact with other dogs due to the same big dog vs. lil dog thing. We had an inncident with a poodle cross that was very aggressive with Brutus when he was about 6 months old...the snot kept attacking him and everyone thought it was "Cute" :evil: I asked repedily for the owners to control their dog and tried to get Brutus out of there...on the way out the poodle mix grabbed Brutus big ol lip and actually drew blood and made a nasty gash....Brutus then retaliated and swatted the mutt very hard and let out a loud yelp, growl and EVERYONE out there looked at us like we were the ones in the wrong!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I can not explain to you how angry that sort of thing makes me....I take time to train and socialize my dogs, I love to go out have have fun with them at parks....but because the scum idiots who have these evil lil' dogs think their bad behavior is "cute" MY dog suffers for it.....how fair is that????

Anywho....got me on a rant...lol

I do hope justice is served for this dog...it's not his fault he is the breed he is, and he did NOTHING wrong....but sadly he's getting bad press for it.

I hope y'all don't mind but I cross posted the link on a few other boards and had several people send emaisl to the judge...I hope she doesn't have the poor baby PTS..

HEARTBREAKING!!! PLEASE READ BELOW AND FORWARD TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW:

Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 5:20 PM
    Subject: URGENT!!!! Congo Lost in Court - PLS CALL NJ GOV CORZINE TO OVERRIDE !!

** PLEASE CROSSPOST & FORWARD **
    CONGO THE GSD lost his court case today. Judge upheld the death sentence.

EVERYONE PLEASE WRITE & CALL
    New Jersey Gov.Corzine
    Urge him to OVERRIDE CONGO’s DEATH SENTENCE

Gov.’s office is taking a numerical tally on how many people call - please call him
    Office of the Governor PO Box 001 Trenton, NJ 08625
    (609) 292-6000
    email by going to his site: http://www.nj.gov/governor/govmail.html
    (Choose “Law & Public Safety” on Drop-down list and on the next page, choose “Pardons & Clemency”)

NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY NEEDED!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    NY and PA residents also especially helpful… but EVERY CALL FROM ANYWHERE COUNTS!!
    PLEASE EMAIL AND CALL… DO NOT LET CONGO DIE!!!

Please, get the word out and do whatever you can!!

http://petloverstips.com/ForTheLoveo...y-die-tomorrow

This makes me sick. When did we start punishing the innocent and rewarding the guilty? I can't believe people can be so blind and stupid.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.