Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    :P No, she doesn't eat dog chow. I feed mine raw meat for the most part. I don't get off work til 5:15 and my kid's daycare closes at 5:30 and it takes 15 minutes to get there so I didn't have time and didn't want to stop at the store one night so I brought home a couple cups of food from work so they didn't have to go hungry all night (cause I was out of meat). So the bag is actually full of garbage (I had used it when I cleaned out the box the dog/puppies are in).

But no, I don't think it's really bad for their teeth. It's actually a lot safer than wet or semi-moist food because the dry food will act as a brush when they chew the food and will help loosen up the plaque and whatnot that cakes onto the molars.

Oh, alright. =P

But I did see at my vet's office that dog chow(it think it was the diet one) was really bad for teeth or something like that.

Geez I have been gone too long!! Cute puppies and kudos to you..once again for all your wonderful rescue work. :) The world needs a few more people like you out there :)

As far as the dog food.....IMO...and just my opinion so no one has to agree with me...but no kibble cleans a dogs teeth. Sorry I just don't buy it. I've seen dogs on the best kibble that can be bought and their teeth look horrible. Best bet for clean teeth is routine dental care and or brushing if you feed kibble or a nice RAW bone....but then again I'm a RAW feeding fanactic so my opinion may be far off from most :D
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

Welcome back!!!

No, I agree with you actually. I would never consider any dry kibble to be enough to keep teeth clean. All I meant was chewing on it will brush the teeth and keep them a lot cleaner than if a dog ate wet (canned) food all the time and nothing else. I just meant the dry food will do more good in keeping them clean then wet food will. It's not coming out the way I want it too so I'll just shut up. LOL

LOL..No worries dogmom..I knew what ya meant in your first post ;)
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

Awesome!

Post some pics when you can
    [url=http://www.littlediamondyorkies.com/]yorkie puppies california[/url]
    [url=http://www.ifishny.org/]fish aquariums[/url]
    [url=http://www.vonfalconer.com/]Protection Dogs[/url]

I just joined and this site does not have very recent posts! It needs to be more recent. I myself introducing I have 2 Jack Russel terriers That are female sisters from different litters. Their names are Sunny and Sassy. I have 2 hermit crabs named Shelly and Kermit. I also have 2 siberian dwarf hamsters named Cookie and Cream and they are brothers but in seperate cages although they used to be in the same one. They were fightiong becuase one was sick and blind and couldn't handle the trauma. He has stomach tumors I think. He lost a bunch of hair and is swollen but HES not pregnant. Hes been like this forever should I take him 2 the vet? I might get ferrets idk. Any comments on anything especially the ferrets?