Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Was the kitten dead when I woke up ? very confusing !

I've pasted my email to a local vet below but was just interested in other opinons so joined this site . Since I rent and sometimes have to move it would be difficult having my own pet but I always seem to befriend cats .
    The landlord has a 3 year old Burmese , a 1 year old Burmese and the Persian must be about 1 1/2 ....

Hi , I came into the shop today but no vets were available . I just wanted to ask an opinion on something very strange that happened Sunday night .
    I rent a 1 bedroom flat on the landlord's property and their cats spend a lot of time at my place . The 1 year old Burmese stayed at my place last night and as she normally does when it gets cold she crawled under the blankets while I was asleep . 4 am I woke up with something under my arm , it was her head . I felt her front leg and it was stiff . I tried to move it around but her whole body lifted with it . her head was staying in the same position . By this time I was wide awake and slapped her face and shouted in her ear but she never moved . I paniced and decided that the only possibility was to hit her mid section to try and make her breathe . I slapped her belly/chest area quite hard but she stayed stiff . I then really freaked out and hit her about 8 times so hard that she bounced 6 inches off the bed each time .
    Then she moved her head and started purring and licked my hand and started chewing on my finger as she often does .......
    I was definitely awake and not imagining any of this but I find it very hard to explain what happened , whether she had just suffocated or somehow her body stiffened up for some other reason , either way I was happy to get home and find her quite well this afternoon .
    Cheers , Desmond .
    Springbok-kiwi

Hmm.. that was really very weird. I think the cat choked or something.

That is the weirdest story I have ever heard and I would totally be freaked out. I wonder if you got her heart started again when you hit her abdomen. So strange!