Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Hound mix

Hound mix

Can anyone explain what is "hound mix"? I am new to the dog world and so is this silly question. Does it mean Bassett Hound mix? Thanks in advance!

Not a silly question...a hound mix..is a mixed breed dog (mutt) that has hound in it.

Here is a list of the AKC Hound group:

https://www.akc.org/breeds/hound_group.cfm

A hound mix can be a mix of several different hounds...just two different hounds or some other type of breed mixed with a hound breed.

Basically, just a mutt with some sort of hound in the background. :)
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

Thank you, countrychic10. I got it :D . Slowly, i am learning more about dogs. Thanks to AF and to my fellow members.

Just takes time.....If I was you I would put the AKC on my fav list online. It's full of breed specific info, info on dog sports and even legislation concerning pets. :) Not to mention they have an online store where you can get all sorts of doggie goodies :)
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

Thanks for the info. I will add AKC site to my favorites. Thanks!

I really enjoy looking at mutts and trying to determine what breed attributes they have... a lot like looking at humans and figuring out their heritage! ;)
    I have 2 humans, 2 dogs, and 2 cats and we all live together HUMANELY (and go through a lot of dog toys, let me tell ya).

nything mixed with a hound breed. Could be a beagle mix, coonhound mix, etc.

Since it's a mix, you can't generalize what it will be like. Also, a lot will be up to you andhow well you socialize it with other nice dogs and people.

If you already have a dog in your home and want to bring in a new dog, just make sure you go with the opposite sex of what you already have. Male/Female pairings usually get on better than male/male or female/female.
    Last edited by David; 10-16-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: removed non-related links

The hounds are the original hunting dogs

http://www.petclubindia.com/dog-breeds/
    Last edited by David; 10-16-2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added link back -

Re: Hound mix

Metis (French, singular métis, from pozdnelat. Misticius - mixed, from Lat. Misceo - mix) - the descendants of the different breeds of dogs

----------------------------------

And get a job feeding stray animals
    collect donations for the organization of animal shelter
    Z416681248214

Re: Hound mix

A hound mix is a dog that has part hound in him. Hounds are generally very good dogs. A little stubborn but good. It's impossible to say how the dog will act though as you don't know what else is in his mix. Just go to the shelter, meet the dog, have your dog meet the dog and go from there.