Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My New Canadian Champion, and His Very Promising Daughter!

Hi all

I just wanted to post some pictures of my papillon Gryphyn. he just finished his Canadian Championship on May 12th. He is my first show dog-I didn't show him until he was 14 months, and he finished in 5 shows. I handled him myself all except for his last show where I had to take his daughter in for her first show. He is a little bit taller than what is preferred but not over standard, which is 8-11 inches. He is just 11 inches. Had it not been for his height, I think he would have finished earlier. I had not originally gotten him as a show dog, he was to be my obedience dog, but people gave me some favorable comments on his structure and movement, so I took him to handling classes where I was further encouraged to show him. he does have very sound structure and movement which he has passed on to his daughter. Unfortunately he also passed on some of his height, though she is more delicate and not quite as tall, only 10 1/2. But she is very showy, which her dad wasn't as much. he was easy to show but just didn't have that "it" factor that makes a great show dog. She has tons of attitude, is very cocky and confident, and it really comes across well in the ring. She is a special girl as she was the only pup in the litter, and was born a week early, which is rare-to have a pup survive that early.

Anyhow, I have posted Gryphyn picture from his second show when he took his Best of breed, as well as his picture from when he got his last point.

I also posted his daughter Gracie's picture from the show, where she took First in Junior puppy, Winners female, best of Winners (she beat her DAD for this!) , Best of Opposite Sex and best puppy in breed! Not bad for her first time out.
    Shana & the K9 Kritters
    Spirit -9 year old Siberian Husky
    Hope -3 year old Husky/Border Collie
    Myloh -2 year old lab/hound
    Emma -1 year old Malinois/pitbull
    Gryphyn-15 week old Papillon
    & the Kitties & cockatiels

Huge congrats!!!! I bet your on cloud 9 right now. :)

I'm can not wait for my show baby...though it seems it will be no sooner than January before I have one......good things are worth waiting for though right?? lol

I have a ? for you....Obviously I'm here in the states and I will be showing the UKC shows (just for fun and experiance) and my goal is to get the wonderful AKC Champion....I have an understanding of AKC and a bit of UKC knowledge (though not as much as AKC) but I was curious as to how the Can point system stacked up next to the AKC point system?

How many points are needed for a Can. Champ? How many of those have to be majors??

I'm a long ways from Canada so I doubt I'll travel that far to show but I am curious as to the differences in the two. Thanks!!

Oh yea- BTW- The pups are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :) :)
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

Had it not been for his height, I think he would have finished earlier. I had not originally gotten him as a show dog, he was to be my obedience dog, but people gave me some favorable comments on his structure and movement, so I took him to handling classes where I was further encouraged to show him.