Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    glad your little dog is all better now :)
    www.irishretrieverrescue.com
    all dalmatian rescue 01255 220 649 (uk)

Now... a lil question (again...)

Well although she has stopped shaking & trembling... no such runny stool.

"Softy" (that's her name :) ) is not eating properly.

and not sleeping... i mean she is sitting up in that "Sphinx" pose.

You know... as if she has "insomnia" or something.

Is that because she is weak? Though she responds to calls and barks.

Did the vet say why she was sick when you took her in?

What does your dog usually eat? Before you mentioned fruits and vegetables, but does she get plenty of meat as well? If she will not eat meat,
    then I would be concerned.

Were you able to take her for a follow-up visit to the vet after her illness?

I don't know why she would not be sleeping. That does not sound right.
    Maybe someone else can post and help you with that.

i would echo rita on this - we really need to know what the vet said as any advice here could make things worse for her.

Well... apparently she is suffering from "stomach infection"

He came today and gave her 2 shots... (i was not at home, so my sister was telling me... vet will come tomorrow, for round check up)

Softy is very stubborn and won't even take pills... first it's hard to pry her mouth open and impossible for her to sallow the medicine.

hmmm... well, she is weak... that's for sure!!!

She has been eating little... what can we do ?

I guess a stomach infection could cause her to be uncomfortable enough to not sleep and be very still.

At this point, I think you just have to go by what the vet says.

Make sure she is offered some foods that will tempt her. I think she needs some meat based food. So far, all you have mentioned are fruits and vegetables. Does she usually get meat in her diet?

If she won't eat, maybe her stomach is still bothering her, cook her some white rice and add some cooked meat into it(chopped small) to tempt her and offer her small amounts. What does the vet say you should do? I don't think you should do anything contrary to the vets advice.

well... she got the second shot of antibiotic today.

It's a 3 day course

Apart form that he also gave her a shot to induce hunger

Well she did eat "chicken liver" (boiled and mashed with rice... just a lil)
    Apparently other meat product have FAT, which should be avoided so... chicken liver is good.

Well like i said... she is not all flat.
    She still responds to her name (fast)... barks and she did eat couple of Glucose Biscuits tonight.

According to VET tomorrow, if she's still too weak and not eating anything... than we'll have to minister "Saline Water"

I hope she will get well soon... :(

Thanks all you wonderful people for helping and support... woof woof

PS: by the way I 'm so pissed at my neighbor... he said things to my mom like "Apso don't live beyond 8 years, and it's point less to keep old dogs... Do the mercy killing, it'll cost you less and be good for the dog's inner peace or some crap "
    My mom was literally traumatized :(... In fact he revealed he had his dog killed 2 weeks ago... apparently he was very... very OLD !!! (that's what he says... and I know that dog was not even 9 years old)

Swear some people need to be bitten by Rabid DOG!!! swear...
    :x

fingers crossed for softy

as to your mums neighbour - tell him that lhasa apso actually have a life expectancy of 13 years.

We are rooting for Softy. Hope all turns out ok. I am glad the vet is so attentive.
    Your family will know if it is time to help your pet over the bridge. Your neighbor will not be in a position to make that decision.

Best wishes for your pets recovery.

Well... she had her last dose of Antibiotic shot.

:( but she had fever today :(... so doctor couldn't give her Saline Water

I don't know what to do... she won't eat.

Now i shall pull up my socks and Force feed her (but that's the problem... "Softy" is not at all Soft and pliable :x ... I wish :roll: )