Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

cleaning the dog's poop on the lawn

Any easy way to clean the dog's poop on the lawn? I am having tough time cleaning the lawn. Thanks

my dog digs a really big hole all the time so i just rake the poo into the hole and then dump lime on top of it and then fill the hole in and then sprinkle lime all over the yard.

but i don't have grass, it's just dirt.

Make sure its not wet when you clean up, let it sit long enough to dry out if possible, thats the easiest way to get it off a lawn. If you try to clean it up while its wet, it'll leave traces behind on the grass. Best way to make it cleaner is to teach your dog to go in one spot either where there is no lawn, or where its in conspicuous so leaving trace amounts wont be a bother.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

no problem this is an issue here all the time, that and convincing the husband to get off his duff and go out and clean up after the poor pups, lol.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

is it wet and sloppy? you've not had your pup long have you? if not then sloppy poop is normal until she comes back into balance again.

when i had new dogs in here in the past i used a product called freeze it. it was in a spray canister and you spray directly onto the poop and it crystalizes it. the longer you can leave it the better or just the top would have been crystalized.

it was a handy product but fortunatly i've not had call for it since my shih tzu - the dalmatians/retrievers and strays all have had cast iron guts :lol:
    www.irishretrieverrescue.com
    all dalmatian rescue 01255 220 649 (uk)

Thank you, smiffy.

Yes, I just adopted this sweet little one last week :D . We are having fun time with her . But my lawn is getting piled up with the poo. As per your suggestion, i will buy 'Freeze it' this weekend and I would be very happy if this works. Thanks again!

train the dog to pee/poop at one spot on your lawn... then cleaning it would be easy

Thank you, Shortie. She was okay until it rained here. After the rain, she got confused coz during rainy days, i take her to a spot where she will not get wet. I have to be consistent, but i am not when it rains.