Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Won't be around for a while......

Hey there. As some of you may or may not have noticed I haven't been online in quite a while and y'all haven't had to read my constant chattering on the board lately. :)

Early March my family suffered a terrible loss. We were woke up at 2 am to find our home on fire. It was a total loss and there is nothing left. Thanks to Brutus waking us everyone got out in one piece and the only injury is the cat. Thankfully Nicky (cat) only had some burnt fur and one mild burn on his skin. He is doing fine now though and his hair is slowly comming back in.

Anywho...We are in the process of trying to put our life back together and a new computer isn't on the top of our priorities so it may be a while before I have the chance to get online again.

On a few occassions I will luck out and get to use my mom's computer and internet so I will settle for what lil' bit of online time I do get to have.

Hope everyone has a great day and I will post any updates the next chance I get online.

Miss y'all!! :)
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

jeepers hon, hugs your way xx
    did you have any fosters in? thats my biggest worry about having multiple dogs (as well as the kids)

just take it one day at a time and it will all come together again. were you insured on your home and contents?
    www.irishretrieverrescue.com
    all dalmatian rescue 01255 220 649 (uk)

I knew something was wrong...it would have to be for you to leave us alone on the forum without adult supervision.

I am so sorry this happened, but so glad the injuries were no worse than what happened to Nicky.

Good Boy Brutus! for saving everyone.

Hope all goes as well as possible for your families' recovery from this major set back. I am sure you and yours will handle it. So glad everyone is going to be ok.

Hugs to all your fur-persons and skin-persons. We miss you, so get back as soon as you can. We will be looking forward to your return. :D

I had been wondering where you were and I'm so sorry for what happened. I'm glad everyone is alright, but still.. I hope things get together faster than expected.

Wow! So sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you all got out safe! Can't wait for you to get back, and get yourself back to a regular living again.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

Hey y'all! Thanks for all the kind words :) Things are SLOWLY coming together but it seems like every time we climb one hill theres a bigger one waiting for us....such as life I suppose. Things can't be bad forever so we'll just keep pushing on until we find the sunny side of things.

As to insurance..yes we were insured, but I have learned that it is NOT a good thing to be under insured.....seems I learn a lot of life lessons the hard way..lol but once again it could always be worse..

The only foster we had was Angel. Due to the chaos I placed her with my trainer (with permission of the rescue group) and she is doing fine. Once things settle out and finances return to normal I may bring her back with us....too many things undecided and uncertain at this point to say for sure what the future holds.

Well, since I don't have a computer or anything right now I am becoming a hijacker of everyone else's computer..lol so I don't have much online time. Next time I manage to successfully steal a computer I'll post with updates and see how everyone is doing.

As to the comment about "Adult Supervision" lol if your considering me as adult supervision then my Gosh this board is in trouble! LOL :lol:

Miss y'all and I'll play catch up next go around.
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

Keep on truckin'. It sounds like you guys have at least found a place to start.
    That is the hardest part. It will be tough, but we all know you and yours will prevail. Take Care.