Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: claw clipping?

claw clipping?

hello!
    i bought a clippers for my cat, and the second time i used them, it didn't clip, just crushed and split my cat's nails. any suggestions for a better brand of clippers? the one i bought was bamboo and i got it at petsmart, it was the only clippers in the cat section. thank you!

I've just gone with the walmart brand. If their all splintering like that maybe it's a nutritional issue.
    Blessed Be

Salem Witch Child

You should go ask your vet, they usually sell pretty good ones. If not, they can tell you where to get some.

your vet is probably ur best bet to find good clippers. try cutting your kittys nails from a different angle. either side to side or up and down. at work (animal hospital) i actually prefer dog clippers that are two blades that come together like scissors as opposed to cat ones because they tend to splinter the nails less. so u may want to try those. they are a little bigger and can be somewhat awkward but in the long run once you get used to them are better...

Feature of plastic Claw Clip :
    1. made of plastic
    2. variety in styles and colors
    3. good quality and reasonable price