Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

It's all about money.....

In Missouri.. is an idyllic setting for a brutal ritual. Missouri..the Puppy Mill Capital of the USA.

http://www.ilmorescue.org/Dog%20Auction.htm

This was what they call a "scrub" auction. Most of the dogs at this auction were for sale because the miller doesn't want to feed them thru the winter.

I was unaware that there were such things as a Dog Auction. At first I could not believe that these dogs were actually being sold at auction..just like livestock.

Many come from mills and are not of any use to the so called "breeder." So altho most of the useless dogs are "dispatched" at the home kennel..some are transported and sold at auction for little money.

Sad, sad situation. For people out there looking for a new dog/puppy please keep in mind IF you buy from a BYB/Miller you perpetuate the vicious cycle. If at all possible get your pets from reputable rescues, and if you choose the route of a purebred puppy please obtain your puppy from a reputable, ethical breeder. One who does health test such as OFA & CERF, doesn't breed young dogs, is breeding for the betterment of the breed and shows these efforts by having their dogs evaluated by their peers (i.e- conformation, performance shows). These are the breeders who want to know all about you, require spay and neuter contracts on pet puppies and you don't see these sorts of folks selling their pups in your local classifieds to any Joe-Blow who has cash.

I can't tell you how sad and angry it makes me to see things such as this..and as long as people support these millers by continually buying their puppies, the cycle will continue and more animals will spend their lives suffering, only to be used as a breeding machine.
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

It is so horrific.
    Their little eyes looking so dead.
    THis is all so terible.
    People can be so cruel.

In Missouri.. is an idyllic setting for a brutal ritual. Missouri..the Puppy Mill Capital of the USA.
    Its intresting you should choose these words. Here in Canada it is spread around that Virginia is the puppy mill capital of the USA, that the amish use puppy mills as their top income under a certain by law that allows them to do so. Here in Canada its Quebec, simply put, the practice of Puppy Milling has got to stop. Our two countries have got to do something about this rampintly growing buisness, espically with the new rage for designer dogs, it really is sick. They need to make better laws to try and stop this type of behavior.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.