Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    honey springers dont only have long hair they have a double coat so that means extra grooming not less and more mess than a spotty when they shed.
    www.irishretrieverrescue.com
    all dalmatian rescue 01255 220 649 (uk)

Sorry I got a giggle from DogMom's post.

After your post in the kitty section, Phil, I do not suggest you get a cat unless you are serious about keeping it inside. :? I had a spaniel (cocker, mind you) and their coats are not easily maintained. Particularly since my dog's coat had a natural curl to it, we kept him shorter but the brushing was still daily to prevent tangling.

I would take Smiffy's suggestion on the dotties, or a retriever (purebred or mix). Retrievers seem to be flexible dogs that are medium-sized with little fur maintainence when you get the short-hairs. They are friendly, good with a walk every other day and train well. That is why they are so popular with families in the US.

so if i got a cat instead not sayng i will.how can he / she not go out,

it depends on the cat you get. i have one that is always wanting to go outside but i have two that will not go outside if you left the door wide open and put raw fish on the other side of the door. cats can be trained just like dogs. if you don't want yours outside then train it not to go outside (dont leave doors and windows open so it cant get out). sounds like you may be best paired with a maine coon though.

Agree with Arazante. Just make an effort to make sure the cat stays inside, it's that simple. I am a mom of two toddlers (ages 3 and 20 months) and have at the moment the cat, 2 Great Danes, a Weimaraner and a Shi Tzue (aunt's dog staying here :roll: ) and if I can manage to keep a cat inside with my hectic day schedule anyone can do it. It's not hard at all if you make a effort to watch him and make everyone in the house aware that the cat is not to go outdoors and to be watchful when they are entering or exiting the home.
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

yes but i told you my parenst think its mean.they said cats have allways been outside cats how come its suddenly changed

Use a litter box instead of taking her out.

This is a Springer Spaniel very long coats.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

Great pic celtech. :) Also...to the OP, keep in mind that this dog's hair might not look very long or thick but this dog has been clipped for the show ring. They don't always have this polished apperance unless the grooming is maintained by a professional.
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

i have NEVER seen a ss looking like that!!!
    www.irishretrieverrescue.com
    all dalmatian rescue 01255 220 649 (uk)