Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Look who has a new home! :)

Check out who has a home now!!

http://www.rescuetheanimals.org/anim...animalID=15074

My mom has been looking for a boxer to add to their home and it just so turns out that this mellow fella is ready for adoption. This is a picture from our local kill shelter..same place I got Blue...just look at that sad face of his..who wouldn't wanna scoop him up and take him home!!

They haven't decided on a name yet, but they have been up there to see him and have already paid his adoption fee ($78-which includes the nueter!) and she is taking off work early to go pick him up at noon.
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

oh, I just wanna squeeze him. Well done, to your Mom. He looks so sweet. I am so happy every time a dog gets rescued.

that sad little face!!! your mom will soon have that boxer bounce back in the little darling :)
    www.irishretrieverrescue.com
    all dalmatian rescue 01255 220 649 (uk)

Okay..update. My brother named him "Duke" and I just got back from meeting them at his first vet appointment. He's about 15 pounds underweight, has a slight case of demodectic mange (not advanced though so this will be a breeze to clear up) and was limping on his rear. Turns out it's a small cut that got infected so they got that doctored up and he's on anti-biotics.

Other than that though he's in decent shape. Very friendly and understands most basic commands. Still a bit timmid of course, but in time once he settles in I'm sure he'll be the typical ball of boxer energy.

Once his demo is cleared up and he's at a healthy weight he will be going in for his nueter and then hopefully will be done with vet appointments for a while. :)

They are on their way home with him now (they live about 45 minutes from me) and so I'm hoping the introduction to their GSD and Weim goes well.

Congrats! He looks so sad in that picture. Be sure to update with a happy new home pic. :lol:
    Blessed Be

Salem Witch Child

He is so sweet looking. Thank goodness he was saved from the shelter and given a new leash on life. Kudos to your mom for rescuing this sweet little man!

Well Duke seems to have settled in well. Mom has a crate for him and he loves it. She said he takes a chew bone in there and just watches the house activities..she left his crate door open last night and he got up once to let her know he needed to go potty and then went right back to his bed. The other dogs actually accepted him very quickly (my mom's GSD is a bit territorial so they were concerned about how she would react) and mom said when she let them all outside this morning they were all romping and zooming about the yard so I think he'll settle in well.

They are signing him up for classes and he will actually be going with my brother and they will be in the same class and me and my foster Angel. :)

So far so good. :) Of course we aren't expecting him to be 100% perfect since we don't know much about his background other than he was seized by animal control because his owners weren't feeding him and left him chained out in the weather :(...hopefully though the poor boy won't have too many issues that have to be worked through...only time will tell I guess.

Great job, your family is giving him the great life he deserves. He sounds like such a good boy.