Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cat has runny poop leakage

I have a kitten about 8 weeks old. I read the forum post about anal leakage. It sounded more like wetness. The problem my kitten has is that it's poop is runny and leaks out. I've seen it use the bathroom, just not sure if the cat is being lazy or if there is a problem.

it could be any tipe of internal parasite especialy considering her age. are her gums white or very pale? thats a sine of dehydration wich is comon for worms. she should have a fecal test done soon.

Sounds very much like worms, but many other deseases persent in this manner, so definitly get her into your vet asap, wouldn't want to leave it and find out it was a progressive thing that could have beendelt with if you had cought it right away.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

My kitten is around 16 weeks old, and has a very similar issue, I've had him for almost three weeks, and one of the first things I talked to the vet about was his diarrhea. They did a fecal test, and it came back negative for parasites, at first he only got pooh on things every once in a while, and now, it's everywhere. I started wiping his butt; however, it's gotten so bad that I have to wipe it every five minutes to keep it from getting on everything... i love my kitten, but this is almost unbearable. He gets pooh on my clothes, my pillows, my blankets... I don't know what to do, I'm desperate
    HELP!!!! :cry:

what are you feeding? If your giving him Milk and wet cat food then he's probably getting way too much liquid in his diet creating this issue, switch him to water and dry food it will make a huge difference, but I would still talk to my vet agian, espically if you are feeding dry food. A kitten who is suffering from it this bad could become seriously dehidrated in a matter of a few hours.

Yeah, I'm feeding him dry food, but he's been on antibiotics since i got him... so do you think that when he's done with his diarrhea he won't get feces on everything? lol
    Thank you :D

Yes once he's over it I'mn sure your soiling problems will come to an end.

Hi there. I have a very similar problem. Kitty is about 4 months and has a lot of runny leakage. Could it have something to do with the fact he's still trying to nurse his mothers milk and it's too rich now for him?

How old is he, and is he eating eating anything other then mom's milk, keeping them off wet food and making sure they are drinking water by at the most 16 weeks of age, closer to 8 will do a alot in keeping you cat from haveing the runs. Have you checked for worms and have you vet do a once over, have their shots all up to date, by doing this you can illiminate alot of any questionable reasons. Good luck to you both.

He's about 4 months. And been drinking water since he could make it to the bowl (about 5 weeks). Mom tries very hard not to let him feed, but I'm thinking he's sneakin' some milk. He only eats hard food and also has been for quite some time.

Thanks for your response.