Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Crossing the Bridge

They may not be of the four legged kind, but in the last two months, most recently just last week, two of the biggest animal lovers I have ever known crossed the rainbow bridge. My grandparents, Murial Caldwell and Doug Caldwell of Nova Scotia, died peacefully less then six weeks apart from one another. Both will be dearly missed, by both family and friends. Both were avid dog lovers, and rarely did you see them without one, weather it was theirs, or my cousins who had been left home and they snuck in and stole. They worked all the time for the AVON Pony Club and were grandparents to all who knew them, helping feed water or just hold the ponys for the kids, giving legs up and words of advice.

They both fought long and hard with their respective illnesses, and will be greeted by many old friends when they cross. Though like any older couple they had their prejudices, she did not like my rottie at all, I will always remember them for their love of those animals, and their strict attention to detail when careing for them. They will be missed.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

So sorry for your loss Celtech. Sounds like you shared a great relationship with your grandparents. That will help you through their loss.

So sorry for this double loss you have suffered. Indeed they will be greeted by many friends at the rainbow bridge, I am sure.

Much affection to you and your family.

So sorry to read this (just back on internet as changed server and not computer competent). Sounded like they were wonderful people who enjoyed life and their animals! X

I m so sorry for your loss. I know you gone in deep grief with this loss. Thanks for shared your relation with your grandparents. I understand your feelings. Its awful time for you.
    I know your family also affected from this loss. You should trying to give them console and trying to live normal. I pray to God for you an for your family.
    May God Bless you.
    ((((((((HUGS))))))))))