Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    some shelters wont take in the stray animals, saying that their shelter is full.
    i think there's too many dogs here, till sometimes, there are people sent by the government, gun down the stray dogs, in fear that they might attack passers by.

HELP!!! Dear friends, if you love pets and animals at all and can‘t remain unmoved by animal harm, please be so kind to help stray dogs and cats in Lithuania. Because of lack of financial support from state, animals are killed in very savage way, although it is possible to find them a new home. We don‘t have much time, cats and dogs are killing each day...

For more information please see: http://penktakoja.lt/ or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Uz-gyvunu-teises-Lietuvoje/140568255982640?sk=wall#!/pages/Uz-gyvunu-teises-Lietuvoje/140568255982640?sk=info

You can donate:
    Recipient : VsI „PENKTA KOJA“;
    Address: Birzelio 23-iosios gatvė 6-36, Kaunas
    Account nr.: LT497300010106206608 Swedbank;
    Bank address: Konstitucijos pr. 20A, 03502 Vilnius, Lithuania
    SWIFT code: HABALT22

Arun’s Dog Warden Service (01903 737755) will collect stray dogs reported during office hours and temporarily hold the dogs in kennels. The dog will be safe and well cared for by expert staff and will be returned to the owner as soon as possible after a claim.

Its sickening that no preventative action was taken by the driver. I'm sorry you were there, but I am also sorry that the mentality to destroy without regard is there as well.

IFAW is a great organization... I wouldn't be surprised to hear if they already had a presence there. Sometimes even just a special project for an animal welfare organization... such as going there and spaying and neutering strays... can have a dramatic impact on the future issues of stray dogs.

Hope your birthday got better.
    I have 2 humans, 2 dogs, and 2 cats and we all live together HUMANELY (and go through a lot of dog toys, let me tell ya).