Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PROTECT STRAY DOGS!

personally, i'm an animal lover.being living in Malaysia,where the malays here dont touch dogs (its against their religion) make me think that this causes them to look down on the dogs. they never bother bout dogs just because they're not allowed to touch it, having the mentality that dogs are filthy animals. This i cannot take it. but i just shut my mouth, doing my part. but last night, my driver (a malay) drove me home last night. that prick was driving at 90km/h on a straight road and i saw frm far, a dog at the divider ahead, sniffing and wagging its tail. i know my driver saw it, and yet he didnt slow down. he just went on... NOT knowin to honk, slow down or move to the other lane. He ran over the dog, i turned around, and saw the dog collapse onto the ground, and then it froze.and he can stil tell me that its dead without stopping the car. i was shocked and devastated. and to make me feel worse, it was my 18th birthday last night. i know most of you members are from other countries. can u help me do somethin bout this? any ideas? i'm lost. :cry:

The only way I know of to really protect stray dogs, is to rescue them...give them a safe, secure home. I am sorry you had to witness this cruel act.

I agree with ritabooker,
    That`s the only thing you can do, unless you take them to an animal shelter
    Animals always become best friends.

And by the way, happy birthday!
    Animals always become best friends.

would i be right in assuming that the view of animals in malaysia means that there is very little in the way of dogs shelters and support for the stray dogs?

if this is the case i would think you will need to contact some of the over seas charitys that are set up in order to help alleviate the situation on the streets.

here in the uk we have an organisation called SPANA which stands for society for the protection of animals abroad. its ran by briggite clarke on 020 7828 0997 but i dont have any web details but a web search should provide the site for you.

i think dogs trust run over seas projects and a question for the americans here - dont hsus run overseas projects?
    www.irishretrieverrescue.com
    all dalmatian rescue 01255 220 649 (uk)

ritabrooker,tigger the turtle,
    i'm new to this town... i just moved in to study here, and i have no idea where the animal shelter is. but now, i'll find out. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ritabooker
    The only way I know of to really protect stray dogs, is to rescue them...give them a safe, secure home. I am sorry you had to witness this cruel act.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger the turtle
    I agree with ritabooker,
    That`s the only thing you can do, unless you take them to an animal shelter.

not exactly, smiffy.there are shelters for dogs. . but the support for the stray dogs depends on the public, mostly the animal lovers. some of them would bring the dogs to the vet, and treat it, and give up for adoption. while,some of them want to send the stray dogs for adoption but cannot afford it,coz they have to pay a sum of money, before puttin them for adoption. and sometimes, some shelters wont take in the stray animals, saying that their shelter is full.
    i think there's too many dogs here, till sometimes, there are people sent by the government, gun down the stray dogs, in fear that they might attack passers by. (we've had several cases here already)
    so, i dont know what is the whole thing about. the shelters wont take in animals, unless u pay money, and if we people dont help, these dogs might be killed. to my point of view, this shelters want to help,but are lack of funds, that they need us to pay, in order to help. but they cant only depend on us. they need to advertise more or something. need to get more aid, to fix this whole problem. You think SPANA can help?

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy
    would i be right in assuming that the view of animals in malaysia means that there is very little in the way of dogs shelters and support for the stray dogs?

if this is the case i would think you will need to contact some of the over seas charitys that are set up in order to help alleviate the situation on the streets.

here in the uk we have an organisation called SPANA which stands for society for the protection of animals abroad. its ran by briggite clarke on 020 7828 0997 but i dont have any web details but a web search should provide the site for you.

i think dogs trust run over seas projects and a question for the americans here - dont hsus run overseas projects?

Strays

Hi Hot Pink,

I am new to this forum - so hello to everyone.....

I am so sorry you had to witness such a thing! There are good suggestions here; you may want to try also contacting www.ifaw.org (International Fund for Animal Welfare) and/or WSPA, World Society for the Protection of Animals (www.wspa.org)

I have trouble understanding a religion that allows such abuse of animals! Would a little compassion be a bad thing?

Didos
    Reserve Dog Liberation [url]http://respectmeansyou.blogspot.com[/url]

Arun’s Dog Warden Service will collect stray dogs reported during office hours and temporarily hold the dogs in kennels. The dog will be safe and well cared for by expert staff and will be returned to the owner as soon as possible after a claim.
    Tishawn45

I am a animal lover but I hate stray dogs. Their population is big and it is impossible on the part of the government and the animal activists to give them shelter and food.
    Last edited by LPC; 04-09-2016 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Spam links removed
    brutus954