Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Spam

Spam

Okay all, we really got spammed today and we appricate everyone's thoughts and concerns on the matter. I have taken care of it as soon as I got on this morning, in fact, I took care of it before I even had my morning coffee made. We're very glad that you all drop us PM's or emails to let us know it happened, we try to stay on top of it, but even we sleep from time to time. wasen't even ten when I started cleaning it all up. Try to keep your posts on it to a miniumum due to the fact that when you post about it, your getting off topic and kind of spamming yourselves. Just dropping Kerry or I a line is great, but if you want to vent, try venting here. I know spam sucks, Kerry and I clean it up, its a tedious job. But I have4 to say, the spamming has dropped considerably since we removed guest posting. Unfortunatly it also means those taking the time to join, can and do spam all the topics now, instead of just the ones in this folder.

I thank you all for your pationts and hopefully it will not happen again, or at least not for a long while.

Heather
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

I think you gals do a good job of cleaning it up. There seems to be a lot, but it gets taken care of so quickly. :)

Just look at all the terrible spam above! If there is anyone NORMAL left on this forum, who cares about animals, please contact me and maybe we can jointly get admin to stop this forum being taken over by the spammers.

I have contacted admin twice by e-mail and they just don't bother to reply. Looks like they aren't interested. I give up!

The site owner has sent me an e-mail stating that the site is for sale and that she is not going to take any action against the spammers.

Hi LPC, I wanted to let you and everyone else know the site is under new ownership and getting control of this spam and keeping it off the forums is our #1 goal. Please be patient as we go through literally thousands of threads and delete spam/ban those users. We want to create a clean spam free forum for everyone to enjoy. One of the first steps is us migrating to vBulletin which will provide easier management and better anti-spam tools. We completed this step this past weekend. Please stay tuned, more improvements are on the way!

Quick update, we are 95% spam free now :)

Stay tuned animal lovers!

Thank goodness we have got a new admin! I only visited here by chance today. Perhaps you should send an e-mail to bona-fide members letting them know that there is a new owner? I'm sure that lots have given up, after months of spamming and no reaction from the old admin.

Warmest best wishes to you with the site. I like the new page design, too!

Quote Originally Posted by LPC View Post
    Thank goodness we have got a new admin! I only visited here by chance today. Perhaps you should send an e-mail to bona-fide members letting them know that there is a new owner? I'm sure that lots have given up, after months of spamming and no reaction from the old admin.

Warmest best wishes to you with the site. I like the new page design, too!
    Thanks for the comments LPC.

We have several changes we are going to implement before we let everyone know they should come check us out again. But we are almost there!